West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic expressed his delight Tuesday over the work done by owners David Gold and David Sullivan in securing last week’s marquee signings.
In speaking to the club’s official website, the Hammers tactician praised the board for bringing in Pablo Zabaleta, Joe Hart, Marko Arnautovic and Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez weeks before the start of the new season, as well as them being covert with those four transfers.
“We are delighted with all four signings,” Bilic said. “We were working on these three transfers but we didn’t talk about them. We worked on them and all three of them we made, which is a great achievement for the Club and for the Board to have done all those deals. We’ve done them quite early, so we’ve done the job, basically.”
Bilic left room for another player to be added to the squad before the transfer window closes on September 1, as well for a current Hammer to leave the London Stadium. With the likes of Sofiane Feghouli, Robert Snodgrass and Ashley Fletcher possibly seeking time elsewhere, more chances still could go down with the Irons outfit this summer.
“Now something else can happen,” he said. “If someone goes then someone will come in, but the majority of the team and squad are set. We needed players who are going to improve our game and our first eleven, by that I mean our first 14, 15 or 16 players who are there, and these four players are exactly that.”
“All of them are at a good age and all of them are very hungry and very, very motivated and have something to prove so, on paper, it looks very promising and optimistic.”