As you all know the much anticipated transfer of Marko Arnautovic has happened, as the 28-year-old put pen-to-paper on 22nd July and is now finally a Hammer. But, who actually is Arnautovic? Lets run through a few facts and figures surrounding the Austrian forward.
Name: Marko Arnautovic
Date of Birth: 19 April 1989
Place of Birth: Floridsdorf, Vienna, Austria
Height: 6ft 3in
Top 10 Arnie facts
- Marko is fluent in none other than six languages, which is pretty impressive! These include Serbian, German, Dutch and English.
- He is now West Ham United’s club record signing.
- Arnie is a massive sports star in Austria and has been a regular in the national squad for 6 years earning 62 caps.
- When at Werder Bremen he picked up the nickname “Arragantovic” from the fans because of his attitude.
- Arnautovic and his wife Sarah have a child together called Emilia. He has admitted since Emilia’s birth it has made him grow up.
- Last season for Stoke Marko made 32 appearances scoring 7 goals including scoring a brace against Middlesbrough and Sunderland.
- He had scored 3 times in Austria’s first 6 qualifying games for the 2018 World Cup.
- Arnautovic is just the second Austrian to represent West Ham, the first being Emanuel Pogatetz.
- Stoke City only paid £2 Million for the Austrian forward.
- He once had his boots embroidered with “2010 Champions League Winner” despite not having contributed to Inter’s title win.
Hopefully now you have more of an idea as to what's to come regarding our newest edition to the West Ham family, Marko Arnautovic. It seems a very positive signing and I’m sure his style of play will get West Ham fans very excited.