West Ham Links!
- Scott Hogan reveals what deadline day was like for him. Between the rumblings of West Ham, Aston Villa, and several other clubs - it was just a waiting game for the 24 year old forward.
- Hammers Chat & friends talk a good game and preview the weekend clash against Southampton. These guys are pros.
- Hammers could be plotting a move this summer for Joe Hart. The English keeper is enjoying his season at Torino, but Manchester City could be looking to sell. Or, perhaps not, given the form of Claudio Bravo.
- Jose Fonte offers apologies and blames the team for West Ham’s failures against Manchester City, not boss Slaven Bilic.
- Ghana and West Ham United’s Andre Ayew have fallen in their bid to win the African Cup of Nations, losing 2-0 to Cameroon. No Ayew isn’t coming home this weekend, there is still the third place match to play.
World Football Links!
- West Ham product, but Chelsea legend, Frank Lampard announced his retirement from the world of football today. Personal note: I am a NYCFC season ticket holder and my views on Lampard are mixed. I was largely upset with how the City organization handled his signing and transition to the United States. Until, of course, he started to play. Even at the age of 38, Frank was outclassing opposition and led NY to its first playoffs. He was also the first NYCFC jersey I purchased. (Sorry, David Villa)
- After an uneventful match against Serbia, Bruce Arena is back at it with a state side skirmish against Jamaica. This will be the last opportunity to fine tune this new-look US side before they host Honduras.
- High noon at Stamford Bridge will see Arsenal and Chelsea in a very interesting showdown. A win for Chelsea will put the Blues 12 points clear of Arsenal, and potentially Tottenham depending on their outcome later on in the day. For the first time in my young life, I will be rooting for... *gulp* ...the Gunners.
- EA Sports announced FIFA 18 will see the return of Alex Hunter, in a Journey - Part 2. For the love of Marco Reus, please please please improve FIFA 17’s bland version. Also, a career mode revamp would be great too.
- Lastly, in an honor of the Super Bowl on Sunday, we take a look at footballers messing around the NFL
When football meets NFLPosted by Dream Team on Thursday, February 2, 2017